Children's Book Review: Grasshopper Eye and the Lost Vial by Michelle Jester

I thought I'd do a little something different. I usually don't post reviews here at Self-Publishing Showcase but the opportunity arose where I was offered a copy of Michelle Jester's new children's book, Grasshopper Eye and the Lost Vial and I really wanted to offer my opinion - hence this review.

I have two small granchildren and I read the book to them one night they wouldn't go to sleep and just watching them as I flipped through the flipable pages that was sent me, I knew this was going to be a winner for the young crowd. Grasshopper Eye and the Lost Vial is the cutest picture book you'd ever want to read to them. Through my experience raising my own children and watching their children, I knew visuals go a long way. Mr. and Mrs. Duckums were my crowd's favorite. I also liked going through the pictures of the whole cast and crew and ask the kids, "Who is that?" "Mr. Max Featherton!" they would say. "Who is that?" "Penny the Elephant!"

The whole book was so entertaining to them as they wondered who it was in the cast of characters who stole the tear vials that had gone missing.

The moral of the story was that it was okay to cry or at least that's what I took from it and it really helped the children with their emotional outbursts which come a little too much these days.

From a self-publishing standpoint, the book is professionally done; I found nothing bad to say about that aspect of it. 

I would fully recommend this book to anyone with small children.

Title: Grasshopper Eye and the Lost Vial
Author: Michelle Jester
Publisher: Yellow Duckie Press
Pages: 36
Genre: Children (Juvenile>general, Juvenile>social issues> feelings and emotions)

Comments