Inspiring story of a 59-year-old author who made lakhs writing romance novels

 

At the time she began writing, self-publishing wasn’t a very respectable proposition. If a publication didn’t pick up your book, you were deemed unworthy. This was long before the digital revolution truly took roots in the country’s ecosystem, ebooks were and the publishing industry was blissfully living in a bubble and rejections were far more common.

“It was a horrible experience,” she says of her rejections, “I used to cry over the rejections each time. But every time I received a rejection, I went back to my novel and tried to find out what there was to not like in it. I couldn’t find any fault. To me, my story was really good. Not perfect, maybe, but definitely something worth reading. I sincerely believed that out of the English-speaking population, I should be able to get at least one million readers for my book. It was that belief that kept me going.”

And so, disregarding the norms, she started self-publishing.

Read the article at Yahoo News.

Comments